Each month the GAN hosts a group call for members on topics pertinent to Managing Directors and accelerator staff. For February, we decided to tap into our global network to take a quick trip around the world with a focus on the accelerator industry on each continent. We thought we’d share a few highlights from the call.
• Jeannette Balleza, The Ark Challenge, North America
• Alex Farcet, Startup Bootcamp, Europe
• Kim Heras, PushStart, Australia
• Gonzala Costa, NXTP Labs, South America
• Ramez Mohamed, Flat6Labs, Africa/Mena
• Cyril Ebersweiler, Chinaccelerator, Asia
Emerging themes across accelerators:
• Angel funding is available for entrepreneurs in each region
• Almost every MD discussed efforts to increase the availability of follow-on funding in the $750k + above range
• Every accelerator had both home region and international teams represented in their programs
Want to travel the world? Regional events recommended by our MDs:
Photograph by Jayel Aheram used under Creative Commons license.