- Location: North America, United States, Des Moines
- Timing of Applications: Fall
- Focus: Insurance, SaaS, Software, Technology
The Global Insurance Accelerator is a mentor-driven business accelerator designed to foster innovation in the insurance industry by supporting startups targeting the global insurance industry.
Our investors are insurance carriers, our mentors are primarily insurance executives. Participating with our program is a highly strategic decision to find product-market fit and do customer discovery faster than you could ever do on your own.
We take in early-stage companies who are building solutions to support the insurance industry. We look for startups who are attempting to solve key issues in non-competitive areas such as:
- Risk management
- Device monitoring
What’s in it for you?
- $40K seed investment in exchange for 6% equity
- Founder-friendly term sheet: common stock, no board seat
- 1:1 meetings with 80+ insurance-focused mentors during mentor speed dating; dozens more after
- “Demo day” @ Global Insurance Symposium (~600 attendees in 2017)
- Additional exposure at industry conferences
- Subsidized housing (1 room at Staybridge Suites)
- Typical accelerator perks (deals on hosting, marketing tools, etc)\Free food, parking and other miscellaneous perks
- Founders need to be in Des Moines during the program, business-related travel is encouraged.