As Canada’s first feminist business accelerator initiative in the digital space, a women-led team of mentors, entrepreneurs, facilitators, and experts, have designed Fifth Wave Labs for woman-owned enterprises and will help guide the four-month journey.
CFC Media Lab is committed to empowering and supporting diverse women/womxn entrepreneurs within the Digital Media industry, and we recognize that increasing the diversity of our community supports this objective. With that aim, CFC Media Lab is dedicating Cohort 2 of Fifth Wave Labs to Black, Indigenous, and Women of Colour entrepreneurs and are excited to announce that up to nine founders/companies will have access to a $20,000 Service Boost fund* to help evolve and grow their digital media business.
Applications for Cohort 2 are open now through the end of October.
*Service Boost funds will be distributed to third-party services only. Payments cannot be made directly to Cohort 2 participants. Each Service Boost can be valued at up to $20,000 CAD for third-party services, inclusive of taxes.
Participant selection for Fifth Wave Labs begins with the below application.
- All participants in the Fifth Wave Initiative must first apply and be accepted to Fifth Wave Connect, a prerequisite for eligibility for Fifth Wave Labs. FW Connect companies are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year.
- If you do not represent a Fifth Wave Connect company, you must apply and be accepted into the Connect program before applying for Fifth Wave Labs.
- You can do so via this application form.
- Latest company presentation or deck will be required with application submission
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Shortlisted founders will be required to present their companies virtually or by submitted a video presentation, and participate in a live (virtual) Q&A session
- All Fifth Wave Labs will take place online on a virtual platform (ie. Zoom or similar)
- Each annual cohort of Fifth Wave Labs will be announced on our website.
- Lab Applications Close: November 29, 2020 @ midnight
- Shortlisted Applicant Interviews: December 9 – 11, 2020
- Cohort Announced: Mid-December 2020
- Lab Session #1: January 13 – 15, 2020
- Lab Session #2: February 18 – 19, 2021
- Lab Session #3: March 9 – 11, 2021
- Lab Session #4: March TBD, 2021
Accepted cohort participants MUST be present for all dates listed above in order to qualify for consideration. Dates may be subject to change