Building an Accelerator? Great idea.Let GAN help you build an accelerator in the ecosystem you call home.
Building an Accelerator is Hard Work
No one knows that better than GAN Managing Directors, which is why GAN Accelerator Workshops are available to new accelerators, both within and outside of the GAN community. These three-day events are designed to help accelerators like you get off the ground and running, find a sustainable program model that works in your ecosystem, and explore the challenges that new accelerators face.
Who Should Attend
This workshop is specifically designed for accelerator leadership (individuals or teams) from all geographies, verticals, and specializations who are currently operating a new accelerator or plan to launch or restructure a new program within the next year.
What Past Attendees Are Saying
“You have huge knowledge based on data from more than 100 accelerators around the world. This type of content provides attendees best practices that have been adopted are generating results. I felt a true desire to collaborate and build a global community of accelerators, impacting startups in a positive way.” João Paulo Geroldo, Sevna Startups
“Insightful, targeted and well-organized content.” Jon Atkinson, The Idea Village
“Just learned so much. It was like going back to college. Pretty much everything we learned is actionable for us.” Ryan King, Cardano-X, part of EmurgoHK
Tickets are $5,500, which includes the virtual workshop as well as GAN Accelerator resources (Playbook, Legal Templates, and GAN Accelerator Data Report).
This cost includes:
- Deep Dive
Prior to the program, you will have a one-on-one deep dive with the GAN Team to discuss your current accelerator model and goals you are looking to get out of the workshop.
- Topic-Driven Sessions
Seven topic-driven sessions lead by GAN’s CEO alongside one of GAN’s top Managing Directors (1/2 day, virtual)
- Accelerator Guide
GAN’s exclusive compilation of tools (Playbook, Industry Data, and Templates) produced by accelerators, for accelerators.
- Workshop Notes
Comprehensive workshop notes for you to take home and reference.
GAN Accelerator Workshops are specially-designed for Managing Directors and Program Managers who are building or relaunching accelerator programs. You will dig deep into the pain points that new accelerators face and unveil viable solutions from some of GAN’s most well-established programs to help identify a sustainable accelerator model that will thrive in your ecosystem.
- Learning from Other Accelerators
We will cover some of the most pressing structural and strategic questions facing those who are building accelerators.
- Collaboration with Peers & Leaders
Get to know other workshop attendees, work as a group to address challenges brought forth by individual participants, and have fun doing it.
- Setting Your Game Plan
Leave with actionable steps to build or restructure your accelerator, connections to GAN MDs leading successful programs, comprehensive notes, and GAN’s Accelerator Guide.
- Enjoy Yourself
Accelerator workshops are meant to be enjoyable and attendees leave refreshed and ready to build a solid program.
- 20 years in tech companies in Silicon Valley
- 8 years as a Mentor for US State Dept TechWomen
- 5 years as an Angel investor through Golden Seeds
- Board member of WAKE International
- Session Leader for Grace Hopper 2019
- Mentor for NPR How I Built This Summit 2019
- Speaker and Workshop Leader for multiple US Embassies
- 8:00 to 8:10 Welcome!
- 8:10 to 8:20 Introductions & Expectations
- 8:20 to 8:30 Review Agenda
- 8:30 to 8:35 What Is an Accelerator?
- 8:35 to 8:40 Motivations for Running an Accelerator
- 8:40 to 8:45 Typical Formats for an Accelerator (High-Level)
- 8:45 to 8:50 Who Runs an Accelerator? (Staffing)
- 8:50 to 9:00 Designing Your Space
- 9:00 to 9:10 Overview: How Mentors Are Used
- 9:10 to 9:20 Finding and Selecting Founders for Your Program
- 9:20 to 9:30 Programming: Detailed 3-Month Plan
- 9:30 to 9:40 Break
- 9:40 to 9:50 Budgeting & Fundraising
- 9:50 to 10:00 Tracking Accelerator KPIs & Success Metrics
- 10:00 to 10:10 Incorporating Corporate Sponsors
- 10:10 to 10:20 Incorporating Service Providers
- 10:20 to 10:25 Incorporating Perks
- 10:25 to 10:35 Preparing Founders for Investment
- 10:35 to 10:45 Branding Your Accelerator: Messaging & Tactics
- 10:45 to 10:30 Ask Us Anything
How to Apply
GAN Accelerator Workshops are open by application for accelerator operators. This will be a small, curated group of new or relaunching accelerator programs focused on building sustainable programs to support startups in their ecosystem. Space is limited, and we accept participants on a rolling basis. Please register to attend below.