Participating Companies Receive:
- Access to a community of entrepreneurs and industry experts from the gener8tor, Boston Scientific, Mayo Clinic and University of Minnesota networks.
- A formal relationship with at least 2-3 mentors with relevant expertise.
- Introductions to the sponsoring organizations’ networks of successful entrepreneurs, industry experts, angel investors, venture capitalists, and technologists.
- Individualized coaching and mentorship from the experienced gener8tor and Boston Scientific teams.
- Office space.
- Access to $1M+ in deals and perks from vendors like SoftLayer, Rackspace, Amazon, PayPal, Zendesk and Microsoft.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can apply?
gBETA Medtech works exclusively with startups focused on healthcare. This includes: healthcare products for diagnosing, treating and/or monitoring diseases or medical conditions including devices, software, biological technology, and healthcare services, as well as technology or process innovations that could serve any component of the supply chain.
Do startups need to be located in Minnesota to apply?
gBETA Medtech accepts applications from startups across the globe. However they do require that at least one founder from each startup be located in Minneapolis for the duration of the program.
What stage do I need to be at?
gBETA Medtech accepts companies from napkin stage through post-revenue.
What kind of commitment do you need from me?
gBETA Medtech needs 100% in-person participation in Minneapolis for the seven-week program. The weekly commitment is two, hour-long team meetings, a two-hour “Mentor Swarm,” and an hour-long “OpenBETA” lunch. During the last week and a half, we need flexibility for full days of investor and accelerator pitches.
Free program? What’s the catch?
None. Thanks to the support of Boston Scientific, Mayo Clinic and the University of Minnesota, this program is 100% free to participating startups!