Lighthouse Labs is the premier nationally ranked startup accelerator in Virginia. They are a non-profit, mentor-driven accelerator program that provides $20,000 to accepted startups without taking equity. They connect promising founders with proven mentors, investors, support services, working space and lean startup education to move from idea to viable high growth venture in 3 months.
$20,000 in Seed Capital. No Equity Taken.
Per GO Virginia funding requirements; teams participating in the Summer Lighthouse U Cohort receive $20,000 per team in seed capital investment, at 0% equity for the startup. This includes a commitment to keep the business in Virginia for 2 years post-acceleration, or repay 110% of the $20,000 investment.
Three of the Most PRODUCTIVE Months of Your Life!
Filled with guided workshops led by experts in leadership, search engine optimization, branding, lead generation, investment thesis, etc.
Founder Perks During Program
Companies accepted into Lighthouse Labs can access nearly $1 million in advisory and perks from partners such as Amazon, Capital One, Markel, Altria, Ferguson, Kaleo Legal, and other service providers.
Demo Day(s) Across the Commonwealth
Designed to demonstrate your startup to investors, alumni groups, potential customers, and peers.
FREE Co-Working Space
Teams will co-work at Maggie L. Walker Governors School. Once acceleration is complete, Lighthouse Labs teams have 3 months of co-working space at Startup Virginia in the center of downtown Richmond so you continue to be surrounded by fellow founders and startups.
Cohort Requirements & Timeline
Lighthouse Labs has a few guidelines that help them grow the strongest companies:
- At least one founder must be graduating or have graduated from a Virginia public or private 2- or 4- year undergraduate/graduate program between May 2010 – May 2020.
- A majority of the founding team will participate in a live interview in Richmond, VA Friday, April 10, 2020.
- Company should be a technology-driven service or product in the innovative web, mobile application, service, SaaS and product solution companies with a particular interest in consumer marketing and analysis, education, enterprise, healthcare, security, and manufacturing sectors. We are open to considering teams in other industries – if you have a really excellent idea and traction.
- Team must be willing to have at least 2 founders relocate or currently live in Richmond for the duration of the 12-week acceleration program. Lighthouse U GO Virginia funding requires companies to stay in Virginia for 2 years post-acceleration, or repay 110% of the $20,000 investment.
- Our focus is on scalable technology-driven corporations. (We are not currently accepting non-profit organizations, but consider B corporations)