Takween Accelerator, Iraq’s first business accelerator, has announced that the Spring 2021 cohort applications are now open. The 12-week program will run online with 10-15 innovative, growth-stage Iraqi ventures, and end with a virtual demo day where startups will pitch their ideas to local and international investors.
Takween Accelerator is looking for established technology startups or tech-enabled startups to join our Spring 2021 12-week cohort. Takween Accelerator is designed to equip founders with advanced business and personal growth skills, provide access to mentors, investors and an opportunity of seed funding. Intensive weekly sessions on finance, product development, and marketing, among many others, will be the foundation of the accelerator. Additionally, startup founders will be matched with mentors and have the chance to attend exclusive talks by local and international speakers throughout the cohort.
Who should apply?
- Startups based in Kurdistan Region or Iraq
- Startups working on innovative and disruptive solutions
- Startups addressing a gap in the market
- Startups with high growth potential locally and regionally
- Startups that are between 2-5 years old
- Startups showing initial signs of traction and revenue
- Startups who are technology-based or technology-enabled
- Founders with a commitment to the program (live attendance of approx 7hrs per week for 12 weeks)
- Founders who are currently looking to grow their business through capital investments
- Applications open January 03, 2021
- Application deadline January 31, 2021
- The program starts on March 1, 2021
- Application Link: https://apply.
About the Takween Accelerator:
The Takween Accelerator is part of the Yanhad project which aims at promoting civic engagement and entrepreneurship for youth in Iraq, funded by the European Union and the Crisis and Support Centre of the French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs. The project is implemented by Expertise France with the support of the American University of Iraq, Sulaimani (AUIS).